Learn about Competitions, Internships and Scholarships here
links to Opportunities
- https://www.tealsk12.org/students/ (has lots of internships & scholarships listed)
Microsoft CS Fair
For those attending, do not go to class. Meet at the bus circle at 7:30AM. The bus will leave promptly at 7:45AM.
2019/20 Washington Computer Science Fair
Monday, December 16th, 2019 | 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Microsoft Conference Center (Bldg 33) – Redmond, Washington
- Everyone in attendance must fill out the following by Nov 1st, 2019:
- Being a part of this event is a privilege; all students are expected to dress and behave appropriately. Be aware that this is a public space and please be respectful to other patrons.
- TEALS will provide lunch for all students, chaperones, and volunteer participants
- There will be vegetarian and vegan options
Bus Transportation to Microsoft Conference Center
Departure: 7:45 am in the bus circle.
Returns to NCHS: 2:30 pm
NCWIT - National Center for Women - Information Technology
The Award for Aspirations in Computing application is due in one month, on November 5th!
Key Upcoming Dates:
- November 5th - Aspirations in Computing application due
- November 12th - Educator endorsement due
- December 2nd - Educator Award Applications due
The Award for Aspirations in Computing (AiC) recognizes students who self-identify as women, genderqueer, or non-binary in grades 9-12 for their passion in computing and tech and connects them to a community of like-minded individuals who care and are taking action to see the next generation succeed. Regional Winners and Honorable Mentions will be recognized at your local NCWIT Ceremony with prizes, trophies, and some amazing speakers. National Award Winners receive cash and a trip to the National Award Celebration in March 2020, hosted by Bank of America.
After a student submits their application, they must then request an educator endorsement - so teachers play a key role in endorsing their application. Teachers can fill out this form and NCWIT will email the student and encourage them to apply.
When a teacher endorse a high school applicant this year, the teacher is then eligible to apply for the Aspirations in Computing Educator Award! The Educator Award is for any teacher, counselor, administrator, mentor, or other influencer who supports high school women’s passion for computing and technology & endorses a current Award for Aspirations in Computing applicant. The application consists of 3 short essay questions and is due on December 2nd, 2019.